Visit the AFT Member Benefits website for more information on other AFT benefits.
Amalgamated Bank has joined with AFT to bring their members the AFT Home Financing Program.1 You’ll enjoy competitive interest rates and exclusive discounts on mortgage and refinancing solutions2 — including a program to help first-time homebuyers.
Save on mortgage and refinancing solutions
Buying or refinancing a home is a big commitment. That’s why Amalgamated Bank will work closely with you to find an affordable mortgage that fits your needs, and we will put
you first through every step of the process so you can move forward with confidence.
AFT’s Home Financing Program with Amalgamated Bank includes:
- Flexible adjustable-rate mortgages and stable fixed-rate mortgages
- Refinance lending options
- Competitive rates and timely approvals
- An easy prequalification and online application process
- $700 in discounts on origination fees for AFT members1,3
- Strike protection eligibility, where Amalgamated Bank will waive up to three late payment fees in the event that a member’s local is on strike1,5
Make your first home a reality
We’re also pleased to offer a special First-time Homebuyer Program,4 which includes discounts and features designed to help make homeownership a reality:
- Available on certain adjustable-rate and fixed-rate mortgages with a maximum loan amount of $500,000
- Low 5% down payment and the entire down payment can come from a gift or grant
Choose the bank that shares your values
Founded by a union nearly a century ago, Amalgamated Bank has kept their commitment to working people by advocating for workers’ rights, supporting a fair banking system, and offering affordable financial services for unions and their members. As the largest majority union-owned bank in the nation, Amalgamated Bank is uniquely positioned to serve AFT members.