Amalgamated Bank is committed to your safety. The security department has installed the latest in surveillance cameras and DVR at all of our branches. This alone will not guarantee your safety. You need to be proactive in your approach to safety. Listed below are some safety recommendations that you should practice while using an ATM.
- Use common sense and be aware of your surroundings before, during, and after you use an ATM.
- If you observe or sense suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the machine at that time.
- Notice if anything looks unusual or suspicious about the ATM, indicating it might have been tampered with. If the ATM appears to have any attachments to the card slot or key pad, do not use it and inform the bank. If you suspect that the ATM has been tampered with, do not use the ATM and inform the bank.
- If you have dipped your card starting a transaction and have to leave the ATM prior to completing the transaction, always press the cancel key and verify that the ATM comes back to the welcome screen. This will signal the end of your ATM session.
- Be careful that no one can see you enter your PIN at the ATM. Use your body to "shield" the ATM keyboard as you enter your PIN into the ATM.
- Close the entry door completely upon entering and exiting this facility, when card access was required to enter during non branch banking hours.
- Do not permit entrance to any unknown person at any time, if card access was required to enter.
- Place withdrawn cash securely upon your person before exiting the ATM facility.
- If anyone follows you after you leave the ATM, go immediately to a heavily populated, well-lit area and call the police.
- Never write your PIN on your ATM card.
- Never give your card or pin to anyone to do a transaction for you.
These tips are meant to make you aware that, although rare, ATM crime can happen. Preventing such a crime must be a cooperative effort between you and your bank. As far as your security is concerned, you can never be too careful, too prepared, or too aware.